Friday, January 6, 2012

This Week...

Sutton had his six month check up. Sixteen pounds, eight ounces and twenty six inches long.  A big boy, compared to where he started. He is finally nearing the fiftieth percentile in both weight and length.  He still has a little noggin but our pediatrician assured us that so did Einstein. He is finally feeling good and he fills our days with so many smiles, giggles, and lots of chatter. I ordered his first pair of big boy shoes last night, Keens!

So super cute.They won’t fit him until late summer or early fall but I couldn’t pass them up for $19.95, yay for www.endless.com.  Speaking of shopping… I’m trying Rue La La ladies. But it’s so hard! I need serious time to ponder purchases and these things sell out in a matter of hours. I know I’m weird. I put items in an online shopping cart and then analyze their worth and my level of need for days before hitting the “complete your order” button, if I do it at all. But it’s how I roll. I digress. Back to Sutton’s appointment. He is ready for lots more solids. And it’s supposed to be the same table food we are eating every night. And it should be consumed at the table with us. And it’s supposed to be fresh! I should explain that nobody in our family currently eats at the same time. Nobody eats at a table (unless our coffee table qualifies). And five nights out of seven, dinner is not fresh, it’s a Red Baron pizza or it’s microwaved! I feel so guilty about this. Feeding our family is another ball that I’m trying to juggle along with work, running, and last but certainly not least, good quality time with Sutton. It was perhaps a tough week to hear how poorly we are doing in the nutrition category since I am struggling with work and our current daycare provider. So there is my resolution for the new year, it’s only one, but it is a big one. Find balance! And speaking of balance…check out this guy doing his thing.

He is so happy to be upright. Thanks Granny and PopPop, we loooove the Jumperoo.

P.S. We are racing our first trail race of the season tomorrow. So excited. It’s a little one put on by our favorite RD’s and it’s close to home, but next week we go big. 35K at Swinging Bridge. My right knee and foot hurt just a teeny tiny little bit and Walker has struggled to get in his long runs with all the illness Sutton has brought home to us from daycare. Fingers crossed we can hold it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment